ACCESS STATEMENT FOR WYE KNOT STOP
- We are a Café, Tearoom and Bed and Breakfast
- Situated on the A470 in Llyswen, between Brecon and Builth Wells
- There is car parking for approximately 6 cars at the rear of the property.
- The entrance for the B&B is from the car park.
- We have two en-suite letting rooms, one in the annexe downstairs and one upstairs in the house.
- Our downstairs room is approached from the car park with its own entrance door,which has an outside sensor light so is well lit when you are approaching. There is a streetlight on the main road which gives added light to the car park.
- This room has a double and a single bed. The single is an electric bed which raises the mattress at the head and bottom. The room can also be used by the disabled ie. wide doors for wheelchair access, shower seat, grab rails and non slip floor. The ensuite shower wet room has sliding doors with low handles. The room has a wardrobe, digital flatscreen television, table and chairs, tea making facilities and is carpeted.
- The room is 3 metres to the main door into the café where breakfast is served. There are two steps down with a handrail. Breakfast can be served in the room if the customer is disabled. If you are wheelchair bound, you need to enter the café from the front of the building.
- The upstairs room room is accessed by the back door from the car park and up the stairs. It has a large bathroom with a shower, bath and shower screen, sink, toilet and is fully tiled walls with ceiling lights. The room has a double and two single beds with a view overlooking the village green with two double glazed windows. There are wall lights to the double bed and a bedside light to the single beds.
- The room has a radiator, television, tea making facilities, wardrobe and is carpeted.
- Each bedroom has its own door key, the upstairs room has an extra back door key.
- Our landline and mobile numbers are on display in case of emergency.
- Everywhere is well lit and there is emergency signage throughout. There is also fire protection and signage throughout the house.
- There is also a mini cooler and travel cot with mattress available upon request.
- Mobile phone reception is poor from Orange, other networks are available if not inside then outside in the car park. A pay phone is just across the road opposite the Café.
- Assistance dogs are made welcome.
- We welcome well bahaved dogs with their own bedding.